Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Process Engineer position on swing shift. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, world-class manufacturing facility, then this position is for you!
This position is located at SEL's newest, state of the art manufacturing facility in Lewiston, ID where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
- Research, develop, and support automated assembly processes in manufacturing.
- Improve quality, yield, efficiency and capacity of assembly processes in accordance with strategic objectives.
- Develop and/or conduct Design of Experiments to identify root cause, evaluate new equipment and processes, or in support of process improvement activities. Interpret experiment results and provide recommendations to management.
- Evaluate new designs for manufacturing compatibility per established Design for Manufacturability guidelines.
- Specify, evaluate, recommend, and conduct acceptance tests on assembly equipment and materials.
- Keep abreast of new developments in equipment, industry standards, best practices, and developments in assembly processes.
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of two years experience developing and sustaining automated surface mount and through hole assembly equipment and processes
- Working knowledge of solder and other materials commonly used in circuit board assembly
- Familiarity with IPC, JEDEC, and Belcore industry standards
- Knowledge of statistics as applied to process capability measurements
- Excellent speaking and writing skills; ability to train production staff
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Ability to adhere to SEL's tobacco free workplace policy
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Experience developing and sustaining processes for injection molding, robotics, encapsulation, and/or cable assembly process development
- Familiar with surface mount and through-hole technology process development, documentation, and maintenance
- Project management skills
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets to include international customers and OEM markets.
SEL earned a spot on the 2012 FORTUNE Magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For list. This prestigious ranking celebrates the SEL 100% employee-owned culture as one of the best in the country. SEL has received numerous awards, including the Puget Sound Business Journals 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in Washington State (1999 through 2003, 2010, and 2011), Inc. Magazines 500|5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies (1990, 1991, 2008, 2010, and 2011), the Association of Washington Businesses (AWB) Manufacturing, Workplace, and Community Service Award (1998 through 2010), and the Washington State Quality Achievement Award (WSQA).
In an independent survey conducted by Newton-Evens Research Company, SEL ranks first in seven performance categories including: technology, features, security against hackers, web/internet information ability, technical service and support, price, and relay setting PC software. Since 2006, SEL has also held the elite VPP STAR status certification for outstanding safety and health programs.
Apply Your Talent. Make a Difference. Enjoy the Rewards.
Are you ready to be part of a highly motivated and well-equipped team? Are you a quick learner who likes new challenges? If so, then you are ready to join us at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories.
Dr. Edmund O. Schweitzer III delivered the first commercial digital protective relay in 1984. Under his technical, managerial, and fiscal leadership, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories has expanded to 3000 employees. Ed understands and supports the need for investing in employees. In return, he expects that we hire only the best, most highly motivated team members, and that we deliver simple, reliable, and cost-effective products and solutions.
Our products and solutions must be simple and reliable because they protect the largest, most complicated machine on earth: the electric power grid. Blackouts in the U.S. and Canada remind us that reliable electric power is crucial to our society. SEL provides systems, services, and products for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of utility and industrial electric systems worldwide.
Our company and our products exist to make electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. That purpose has made SEL very successful, and the company is managed with sound fiscal judgment and that purpose in mind. Profits are reinvested to fuel the companys growth.
In addition to offering a variety of challenges in a supportive, stable environment, SEL shares its success with employees by giving them stock in the company. All employees earn stock at the same rate. And because only employees can own SEL stock, the stock price is not subject to market volatility. Even when the stock market value has plunged, SEL stock consistently increased in value.
Employee Testimonial Video: SEL employees describe the opportunity and rewards of a career working at a 100% employee owned company! />
Benefits: SEL has an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision for all regular full-time employees and their entire family; long-term disability and life insurance; education assistance programs; a very generous employee stock ownership plan; 401K; flexible benefit account; and an outstanding work environment.