Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle family of products including e-readers and tablets.
You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Based in Cupertino, California. As part of the Hardware Team, you will support all process aspects of design, development, and transfer to manufacturing. You will review schematics and PCB layout to enforce DFM principals for high volume mass production. You will investigate new PCBA, packaging technologies and advanced SMT processes to help design more reliable and cost efficient products with world class design and functionality. You will also support the factory to improve yields and debug manufacturing issues.
- Develop and maintain PCBA DFM standard, guidelines, procedure, metrics and checklists.
- Perform DFM and DFX reviews within electronic design group and with ODM manufacturing, to balance design performance and manufacturability.
- Support HW Quality engineering to develop and maintain vendor and supplier technical specification and manufacturing process / test for ongoing quality, including ODM manufacturing partner's ongoing quality and process capability.
- Support EVT builds to find and resolve SMT issues including component tolerance, PCB quality, and PCBA process variation.
- Analyze PCBA test coverage and predict manufacturing failure and filed failure due to design margin, material quality and PCBA process.
- Develop and maintain PCBA guideline and standard in line with product's new technologies and features by adapting cutting edge SMT technology.
- Investigate and qualify new SMT technologies.
- Drive PCBA cost reduction and continuous quality improvement.
- Assure test methodologies and test coverage to reduce risk to product quality, to improve field reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Travel to the ODM manufacturing site.
- Bachelor's degree with technical focus.
- 7+ year's DFM engineer or contract manufacturing process engineer experience.
- Proficient with high speed digital design and signal integrity.
- Proficient with PCB stacking, material, and test methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of SMT machines, chemicals, profile and recipes.
- High volume manufacturing experience.
- Masters Degree Preferred.
- Strong analytical skills including basic statistical analysis.
- Comfortable to drive and influence cross disciplinary teams and good team player.
- This position will require international travel.
Lab126, part of the , Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.