Mitsuibish Electric Automation, Inc. (MEAU) is seeking a Electrical Engineer II to design and support CNC Machine Tool Cabinet from customer supplied specifications. Work with Senior Engineer and Engineering Manager to develop a complete control package design to support MEAU manufacturing and to meet the customers’ needs and requirements.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and verify customer specifications (Schematic & Cable drawings, Electrical Component Lists, etc.). Create an assembly drawing package based on customer specification to assist Prototype and assembly in manufacturing the control cabinets.
- Use AutoCAD to create Point Wiring and Cable drawings.
- Utilize DMS to maintain cable drawings on the website.
- Support Senior Engineer to create Bill of Materials and assembly drawings.
- Support Engineering Manager to create quotations based on customer specifications
- Create Engineering Change Notice (ECN) to support customer design change requests.
- Use MS Word to write the ECN
- Create Material Master, BOM & Change Master in SAP
- Prepare and create complete system BOM in SAP.
- Support and maintain Engineering Dept ISO9000 as an Action or Documentation Control Team member.
- Evaluate electrical and cable components to find alternate designs to achieve targeted cost reduction.
- Perform other job functions as assigned.
- Minimum travel to customer sites for Prototype Power up evaluation, as needed.
Essential Education, Skills and Education:
- BSEE or BSEET degree plus 5 to 8 years of Electrical Engineering design experience
- Be able to read schematic drawings and translate to point wirings
- Be able to operate AutoCAD software
- Be able to interpret various UL standards, especially UL508A
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with and maintain effective relationships with customers and vendors
- Team work orientation
- Computer proficiency – knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access).
- Attention to details is required.
Beneficial Education, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Power Distribution preferred
- Knowledge in NEC code a plus
- Experience in SAP a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a business casual environment with an excellent benefits and compensation package including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement
For more information about our Company, please visit us at