Business Development Director - Fighter ProgramsPlease note this position can be based in Ft. Walton Beach or an alternative IAS location.
The Business Development Director for Fighter Programs is responsible for leading a business development team in: strategy development, identifying and qualifying a multi-billion dollar opportunity pipeline, executing capture and winning new international contracts in support of the Support Solutions (S2) Aerospace Solutions (AS) business financial plan. This position will work closely with Government Relations, Communications and Group BD organizations. This position reports to the S2 Deputy Vice President for Business Development and closely partners with the AS VP/GM in developing, influencing and shaping market strategies to support business area growth targets.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Liaisons with Business Development teams and Fighter Operations in, developing win strategies to increase the probability of win and advising leadership on the formulation and execution of key opportunity campaigns.
- Leads multiple captures teams in aerospace DOD, FMS and foreign commercial market pursuits: aircraft C4ISR integration, aircraft depot and sustainment, avionics upgrades and life extension.
- Collaborates with Operations to build and strengthen relationships with customers and strategic partners.
- Leads efforts to leverage the BAE Systems capabilities to match new and emerging customer requirements.
- Sets the strategy and develops growth plans to enter new markets and expand within existing markets
- Develop and lead a high performing team of business development marketing and capture resources. Responsible for developing a team through coaching, mentoring, training and job assignments.
- Manage and plan for resources including new business funds, budgets and staff
- Responsible for supporting the review of bid decisions, the development of cost strategies, phase reviews, and strategic proposal reviews. Recommends acceptance or rejections of proposals and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Identify opportunities and establishes collaborative relationships across business areas and sectors. Represents organizational interests in various inter-organizational forums, workshops, and meetings.
-¢ Bachelor''s degree (Advanced degree or studies preferred) or equivalent experience
-¢ 10+ years of technical experience including 10 years directly related experience in Fighter aircraft systems and testing
-¢ Experience leading multiple capture teams in diverse markets/domains and customer communities and setting the strategic position
-¢ Management experience including development of business development strategies, and leading and developing teams
-¢ Successful past performance in business development (e.g., developing customer relationships, account strategies, developing a qualified pipeline, building industry relationships, and leading capture & proposal activities)
-¢ Willingness to travel, establish new customer contacts, conduct customer visits and support company business travel requirements
Advanced degree preferred
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Support Solutions, based in Rockville, Maryland, provides a wide range of services in engineering, system integration, ship repair, and readiness and sustainment for military platforms. Its Technology Solutions & Services unit addresses the full life-cycle needs of U.S. Department of Defense and federal civilian customers with capabilities in systems engineering and technical assistance, system and subsystem integration, operations, and maintenance. TSS serves every branch of the U.S. military and numerous civilian agencies, operating the U.S. Army-Ts munitions plant in Kingsport, Tennessee; integrating communications systems and developing and integrating precision tracking radars; and providing design and support services for air and missile defense systems.
The Ship Repair business is the leading U.S. provider of non-nuclear ship repair, conversion, and modernization services. It focuses on drydock and pier-side ship repair and sustainment services for the U.S. Navy, other defense agencies, and commercial customers.
The Readiness & Sustainment business focuses on customers-T growing need for through-life platform support.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
Join us ...