More Jobs at Del Monaco Specialty Foods, Inc.
…years experience in solid cost accounting in a manufacturing environment (preferably in Food Mfg). * Experience working with an ERP System (implementation experience a
verbal and written communication skills. REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Valid Drivers License Keyword: Cost Accountant From: Del Monaco Specialty Foods, Inc.
communication) Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus Keyword: Inventory Control, Coordinator, Warehouse, Shipping, Receiving From: Del Monaco Specialty Foods, Inc.
TheProcess Improvement Engineeris responsible for reviewing all current operational processes and identifying areas for improvement. Once the areas for improvements are identified the Process Improvement Engineer needs to develop the improvement cycle which includes testing, adjusting/creating processes, communicating adjustments and new processes, and reviewing the results of those changes or new processes. This position is responsible for ensuring that company standards are achieved and maintained with a targeted emphasis on continuous improvement, providing support, structure and documented, formalized training for employees within the departments. The Process Improvement Engineer is required to be a hands-on, self-starter with the ability to motivate and lead employees within Del Monaco Specialty Foods in regards to process improvements.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Gain a solid understanding of Del Monaco Specialty Foods'' key initiatives and ensure alignment of continuous improvement efforts with these objectives.
* Promote the transformation of a reactive organizational culture to one that is proactive, utilizing data driven decision-making and giving priority to preventative actions.
* Investigate and analyze processes already in place and constantly work to identify ways to increase production volumes , maximizing yield and minimizing waste using of C.I. tools and methodologies such as Kaizen, 5S and Lean
* Apply statistical analysis and data interpretation methods to determine manufacturing equipment and process standards.
* Assist in the identification, development, and recommendation of manufacturing methods, data to be measured, personnel, material and cost analysis to provide efficient utilization of company assets.
* Develops outlined objectives, KPIs, and plans for the improvement cycle; ensures consistency with set objectives and operational plans and compatibility with accepted standards and procedures.
* Collaborate across functions to ensure consistent implementation of new improved processes.
* Engage employees in product/process measurement, inspection and testing activities to ensure quality control and reliability.
* Establish improvement baselines in order to evaluate results of process changes.
* Participates in the development and implementation of essential process improvement metrics.
* Estimate production cost and effect of production design/process change modifications and/or replacement options.
* Communicate with management, other departments and employees affected to develop production and design standards for improvements as well as to share tracking reports on project progress against all milestones.
* Employee Training:
* Promoting a culture of learning and involvement across the entire organization
* Assist operators in solving problems and provide mentoring on the use of effective problem solving methodologies
* Develop employee understanding of and engagement in the effective use of continuous improvement tools to meet or exceed key performance indicators as defined by the organization.
* Collaborating with Production Managers in regards to the development, implementation and evaluation of staff training programs
* Utilize Continuous Improvement tools to identify opportunities and facilitate continuous improvement teams/events.
* Supervises the daily operations cost improvement projects in consultation with the Director of Operations
* Responds to and resolves day-to-day operational problems in conjunction with Production Management team
* Promotes and/or provides for co-operative working relationships with Operational leadership team and labor relations and workplace health and safety.
* Provides updates to the Director of Operations on status of involvement and /or develops recommendations on follow up action to be taken on all process improvement projects.
* Maintains knowledge of current trends in the field, including up-to-date knowledge of process improvement tools
* Other duties as assigned.
* This position reports to the Director of Operations and has no direct reports.
* Bachelor''s degree in Engineering or Science required
* Minimum of 3 years of experience including leadership and CI experience in a manufacturing environment
* Solid understanding of various plant functions and cross functional operations
* Excellent problem solving and facilitation skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Leading and Managing Change: striving for personal mastery; leading with vision; inspiring and engaging; promoting innovation
* Demonstrated knowledge of food manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of project management concepts, methods and practices
* Knowledge of six sigma and lean manufacturing tools and applications
* Good leadership and team-building skills
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
* Excellent analytical reasoning and problem solving skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to use personal computers, word processing and spreadsheet software.
* Experience working with production worker and staff
* Ability to work as a team player and foster a team environment
* Must be able to multi-task and juggle priorities
* Fork Certification a plus
Keyword: Process Improvement, Engineer
From: Del Monaco Specialty Foods, Inc.