Director of Activities (Newport Coast)
Requisition Number: 88
Job Title: Director of Activities (Newport Coast)
Area of Interest: Golf, Fitness & Entertainment
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
Hourly / Management: Management
Location/Property: Marriott Newport Coast Villas,23000 Newport Coast Drive
Property Description URL: Marriott Newport Coast Villas,23000 Newport Coast Drive
City/Town: Newport Coast
Country: *United States
Shift: Variable Shifts
Job Description: "
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Supports all aspects of the activities and recreation functions. Provides and models service behavior to guests and employees. Reinforces appropriate culture to provide service to guests. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Position works with direct reports to implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while meeting financial goals.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
* 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Recreation Operations
* Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
* Monitors quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
* Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
* Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
* Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
* Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
* Manages outside vendors related to recreation and activities functions.
* Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensures workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
* Develops and manages the children's program (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
* Develops and manages group activities and events for all ages of owner and guest.
* Manages pool and beach areas (as applicable), including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness, and the operation of cabana units.
* Drives and manages financial performance of the recreation department, activities, contracted vendors to ensure optimal revenue for the resort.
* Communicates theming directions, projects, and timelines to property and corporate leaders as appropriate.
* Strategizes and partners with other department heads monthly and quarterly to assist in the delivery and execution of events /activities planning to enhance the Owner/Guest experience.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
* Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
* Provides services that are above and beyond for Owner/Guest satisfaction and retention.
* Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
* Oversees employee satisfaction and guest satisfaction results, and ensures corrective action is taken when needed.
* Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
* Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
* Coordinates all training activities for employees in department.
* Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
* Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
* Reviews turnover reports monthly and adjust talent acquisition strategies accordinglyMarriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture."