More Jobs at Boston Properties
…including financial assets and liabilities as well as capital structures, intellectual property valuations, stock option valuations, reviews of valuations of hedge funds
…Advisory Industry: Financial Services State & City: NY-New York MA- Boston IL-Chicago DC-Washington CA-San Francisco AL-Montgomery Travel Requirements: 61-80%
Preferred) DC Properties – DC 6th Class Steam Engineer’s License Maryland Properties – 3rd Grade Stationary Engineer’s License Virginia Properties -- NIULPE 3rd...
Department: Property Management
Type: Regular Full Time
Building City & State: Reston, VA
Region: US-Washington DC Region
Standard Hours: 40
* Apply for this job online
* Email this job to a friend
Boston Properties is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer.
More information about this job
Maintain the integrity of all building systems, operate the building in an efficient manner, supervise work in the field and perform a variety of services in a secured facility in accordance to Boston Properties’ established operational and safety procedures.
* Maintain, repair and ensure the efficient operation of all building systems. Building systems include HVAC, water treatment, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, fire protection, structural, hardware and keying.
* Perform or supervise the installation, fabrication, construction, troubleshooting and repairing of complex mechanical and electrical equipment.
* Review and coordinate work assignments, plan work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment and materials. Complete assignments and paperwork in a timely manner. Oversee the work of Engineers, Maintenance Technicians and Utility Workers.
* Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of equipment being serviced and employ service procedures and techniques indicative of first class work. Follow inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventative maintenance and loss control programs.
* Operate all equipment, power and hand tools in a safe and efficient manner. Care for assigned equipment, tools, and uniforms.
* Keep the shop, equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized, and safe.
* Inspect all areas of the building(s) and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvement.
* Monitor contractors, inspect work and generate deficiency lists.
* Available for various shifts and to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs.
* Perform assigned functions required of a Chief Engineer.
* Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external customers in a positive and timely manner.
* Assist in instituting and administering policies and procedures established by Engineering Management.
* Administer necessary inventory control programs to ensure adequate spare parts and material inventories
* Respond to after hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (including snow and ice removal) power outage and other related situations including clean-up activities, if other contracted personnel are not available.
* Assist in the technical training and upgrading of skills of less qualified personnel.
* Pursue employee development objectives recommended by the Chief Engineer and/or Property Manager.
* Assist in the administration of the properties impairment and loss prevention program.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* High School diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years as a Building Engineer or equivalent field experience.
* Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC or Operating Engineering Technologies and/or equivalent job related training and experience.
* License(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment:
* DC Properties - 3rd Class Steam Engineer License
* Maryland Properties - 2nd Grade Stationary Engineer License
* Virginia Properties - NIULPE 1st Class Engineer Certificate
* HVAC Masters license
* SMT Certification or enrollment in a program.
* Universal CFC certification required.
* Position requires expertise with centrifugal chillers and direct digital controls.
* Continuing education in field with a minimum of one advanced training course successfully completed each year.
* Strong technical and problem solving abilities.
* Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to coordinate work efficiently and optimize the performance of others.
* Strong computer skills necessary to operate and diagnose problems associated with Building Automation Systems.
* Familiarity with OSHA, NEC, NFC and Life Safety codes.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks
* Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to taste and smell
* Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance and climb stairs & ladders
* Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally required to lift/move 50+ pounds.
* Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception
* Involves movement between departments, buildings, and floors to facilitate work.
Essential Functions Specific to Assigned Location:
* Boston Properties reserves the right to require you to successfully obtain any necessary Government security clearance(s) that may be required by the tenant at any property at which assigned.