Takeda's internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
Under supervision of the Health Policy Director, the DC Intern provides assistance in:
* Tracking and monitoring federal legislation and regulations that have potential to impact Takeda-Ts product portfolio
* Providing updates and reports to GEA and other cross functional departments, as directed.
* Attending policy-related meetings (e.g., PhRMA, NHC, HLC, etc.) and reporting back to Health Policy Director
* Researching issues related to federal advocacy which may include Takeda-Ts therapeutic areas and patient issues
* Drafting and provide testimony, policy and/or advocacy materials, and other appropriate information for policymakers as needed and directed
* Providing general support to GEA; this includes drafting meeting agendas, coordinating meetings and conference calls, drafting programs/strategies to be discussed on the agenda, drafting and distributing summation reports
* Assisting other areas of GEA (state/federal legislative, PAP) as time allows, and where appropriate
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
* Enrolled in a U.S. accredited university
* Must have completed his/her sophomore year
* Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects and work independently
* Interest in government affairs and healthcare policy
* Familiarity/interest in regulations and statutes impacting public and commercial payers a plus
* Ability to perform policy analysis and research to identify and clarify issues
* Proficient with standard PC applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and ability to format, graphs, diagrams and tables
We are driven to improve people's lives.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.